About Adventure Macedonia-East
Tour duration: 4 days (3 nights)
Category: Off Road, Nature, Rural
Area: North-East Macedonia
Evaluation of the Trek: Moderate – Challenging
– 08:0 Meet the group at meeting point in Skopje.
– 09:00h – XI century church of St George in Staro Nagoricane village – fantastic example of XIV century byzantine art.
– 10:00h – ASNOM memorial center in Pelince
– 12:00h KOKINO – the prehistoric megalythic observatory – 4th oldest in the world according to NASA! (Abu Simbel, Stonehenge and Angkor Wat are the oldest three);
– 15:00h – TSOTSE’s STONE- prehistoric temple and observatory near Kratovo, here we make the lunch break;
– 17:00h – VALLEY OF THE STONE DOLLS – the valley of rock formations, natural phenomena of erosive landforms called earth pillars, or, accordin to the legend – stone dolls.
– 19:00h – monastery St Joakim Osogovski. Dinner and overnight in the monastery hotel.
– total length of daily stage is 180 km from which 100 km are asphalt and 80 km off road, during the trip we’ll make several short breaks for rest, good views and photographs, also we’ll cross several times rivers Kriva and Pcinja.
– After the breakfast and sightseeing of the church we had east into Osogovo Mountains.
– 11:00h – KALIN KAMEN (1.637m) – coffee break at the artificial small lake.
– 13:00h – CAREV VRV Peak (2.085 asl)
– 15:00h – RUEN Peak (2.252 asl), lunch break;
– 19:00h – PONIKVA recreational center (1.560 asl ). Dinner and overnight in a hotel on Ponikva. (65km offroad)
– total length of daily stage is 65 km off road, during the trip we will make few stops for rest in the woods, have our lunch, and to take photos. If weather (snow) conditions are good we will try to reach Ruen peak. If not, we continue to Ponikva.
– 08:00h Breakfast in the hotel.
– 09:00h We leave Ponikva and we head south east on Osogovo Mountain:
– 10:30h – MONASTERY St SPIRIDON (nunnery).
– 11:30h – MONASTERY OF THE HOLY VIRGIN. Break at the local fishpond and restaurant
– 12:30h –LESNOVSKI MONASTERY – famous for the wood-carved iconostasis made by the Myak masters. Break for sightseeing;
– 14:30h – KRATOVO . Traditional lunch – pastrmajlija and visit to the entrance of the underground tunnels of Kratovo.
– 17:00h – KOCANI
– 19:00h – TURTEL Peak (1.689m) on Plackovica Mountain
– 20:00h – BEL KAMEN hotel, dinner and overnight. (105km – 35km asphalt, 70km offroad)
– total length of daily stage is 105 km from which 35 km are asphalt and 70 km off road, during the trip we’ll make several short breaks for rest, good views and photographs,
– 08:00 Breakfast in the hotel.
– 09:00h We leave hotel and we head south east on Plackovica Mountain
– 11:00h – the YURUK villages (see the 6 centuries old traditions of the Yuruks – a muslim entity that never mixed with the locals since their settling in Macedonia with the first Ottomans);
– 13:00h – RADOVISH – lunch break
– 16:00h – GJAVOLSKI ZID (Devil’s Wall)
– 19:00h – SKOPJE (possibility to spend the afternoon in the turkish bath of Kezovica spa and than return in Skopje)
– total length of daily stage is 155 km from which 135 km are asphalt and 20 km off road, during the trip we’ll make several short breaks for rest, good views and photographs,
Vehicle equipment requirements:
– MT tires (5 of the same size)
– vehicles with low gear
– a shovel, axe and/or a saw
– min. one dynamic ropes for recovery and one shackle
– UHF/VHF radio
– basic tools for car repair and maintenance
– Suspension lift kit – at least 2″
Tour price is per day and covers:
– one adequately equipped guide vehicle with guide
– fuel and other expenses for the guide vehicle
– GPS maps and data
– technical assistance in tricky situations by the guide
Tour price does not cover:
– individual fuel and toll costs
– individual food and drink expenses
– servicing expenses by third parties
– national parks tickets
– other individual expenses
We expect you to…
– Be flexible and relaxed – it can be helpful in handling unexpected events, such as route changes due to weather conditions or damaged trails, vehicle breakdowns or other event beyond our control.
– Understanding and tolerance is the key for building a good mood on the tour.