About Adventure Macedonia-Reach for the sky
Tour duration: 4 days (3 nights)
Category: Off Road Tour
Evaluation of the Trek: Moderate – Challenge
Tour starts with welcome breakfast in Skopje at 08:00 in the morning. During the breakfast your guide will introduce you with Macedonian customs and we’ll have a discussion about places to be visited and tour in details.
Day 1: 09:00 Departure from Skopje to Solunska glava peak (2.540m)
In a single day we will travel on the Karadzica mountain, starting from the bottom, from Monastery of Mark (dated from 1345 year), than meat the first mountain view from Karadzica mountain hood (1, 450 m; time for refreshments) we will visit the incredibly beautiful Begovo mountain filed (valley), and white stone Salonika glava peak (2,540 m). Begovo field has small stream flowing through it forming a few karst lakes and than loses among the sink holes. On clear days, from peak Solunska Glava, the city of Thessaloniki can be seen. We will finish this full driving day with dinner and overnight in the fishpond hotel at the foothills of Jakupica.
Day 2: 09:00 Departure to Ohrid via Pelagonija.valley
On the way to Ohrid we will visit Treskavec monastery, Zrze monastery, Peshna Cave and river Treska valley. Lunch in a small local restaurant by river Treska, and continue the drive (asphalt) to Ohrid. Overnight and dinner in Ohrid.
Day 3: 09:00 Departure to Pelister peak (2.601m) via Galicica mountain and national park.
Drive over Galicica Mountain to Prespa Lake. Refreshments in Stenje village next to the beach. Drive to Pelister National Park on Baba mountain with highest peak Pelister (2.601m) and Golemo Ezero (post glacial lake) where is located mountain hut (2.218m). On the way back overnight and diner in mountain hotel.
Day 4: 09:00 Departure to Kajmakcalan peak (2.521m)
Driving down Baba mountain to city of Bitola. Heading to Nidze mountain and Kajmakchalan peak (2.521m) trough Mariovo region and spectacular natural stone shapes. Visiting the small church from the period of WWI on the Kajmakcalan peak Lunch at the Mariovo traditional house in the village of Zovic and visiting the famous stone bridge. Departure to Skopje.
Vehicle equipment requirements:
– MT tires (5 of the same size)
– vehicles with low gear
– a shovel, axe and/or a saw
– min. one dynamic ropes for recovery and one shackle
– UHF/VHF radio
– basic tools for car repair and maintenance
– Suspension lift kit – at least 2″
Tour price is per day and covers:
– one adequately equipped guide vehicle with guide
– fuel and other expenses for the guide vehicle
– GPS maps and data
– technical assistance in tricky situations by the guide
Tour price does not cover:
– individual fuel and toll costs
– individual food and drink expenses
– servicing expenses by third parties
– national parks tickets
– other individual expenses
We expect you to…
– Be flexible and relaxed – it can be helpful in handling unexpected events, such as route changes due to weather conditions or damaged trails, vehicle breakdowns or other event beyond our control.
– Understanding and tolerance is the key for building a good mood on the tour.